Thursday 10 January 2008

Memory Lane

I thought I would spend some time tonight looking back at my blogging history. I first started writing stuff on a website I created called Storage Eye. The first "article" I wrote was posted in February 2002, almost 6 years ago. It was pretty crude stuff (the presentation, not the content), simply putting static pages up on a website. I followed that up with postings in 2004 on ITToolbox and then in 2005 back to my own website (this time database driven), eventually cutting over to blogspot at the beginning of 2006.

My material hasn't changed much over time. The main difference is probably that I post more often and with longer content but that it probably because the tools available now make that really easy.

What has definitely changed are the tracking tools and the ability to locate bloggers who are out there. I track 69 storage blogs using RSS (and quite a few more non-storage related). Tools such as Technorati, Digg, Stumbleupon, allow blogs and their feeds to be tracked and rated. The blogosphere is active and vibrant and full of lots of great content.

Where's it all headed? Who knows, but I am sure it will be fun!

No comments: