Thursday 18 October 2007

Storage Expo

Yesterday and today is Storage Expo in the UK. I haven't bothered to visit for a few years but I decided to go this year and see if things have changed. I even took my camera with the thought of taking a few pictures.

Unfortunately I was less than impressed. Yes it was a good opportunity to catch up with old friends I haven't seen (some since the last time I went to Expo!) but there wasn't anything new to see that I wasn't already aware of. Worst of all, nobody was giving away freebies, which was a huge disappointment.

Anyway within an hour of wandering and chatting we'd hit the pub. Perhaps next year I'll avoid the show and just go directly to th pub first!

1 comment:

BarryWhyte said...

Chris, was speaking with one of our old department managers who was helping to man the IBM stand. His comment was that he too was disappointed. One of the joys of attending was all the 'little guys' round the outer edges that had made it. Everyone knows what the big guys have and sell, it was all the wacky ideas that made it - some of them so off the wall it was laughable but occasionally a little gem would show its face.

With the ever increasing costs, it would seem that the organizers are pushing out the little guys and destroying the whole vibe of the event.