Tuesday 19 September 2006

RSS Update

I've always gone on and on about RSS and XML and how good technologies they are; XML as a data exchange technology and RSS to provide information feeds in a consistent format. My ideal world is to have all vendor information published via RSS. By that I mean not just the nice press releases and how they've sold their 50 millionth hard drive this week to help orphanages, but useful stuff like product news, security advisories and patch information.

Finally vendors are starting to realise this is useful. Cisco so far seems the best although IBM look good as do HP. McDATA and Brocade are nowhere, providing their information in POHF (Plain Old HTML Format). Hopefully all vendors of note will catch up, meanwhile I've started a list on my Wiki (http://www.storagewiki.com/ow.asp?Vendor%5FNews%5FFeeds), feel free to let me know if I've missed anyone.

No comments: